Sunday, May 15, 2011

FIRST THINGS FIRST

Reverence for the Eternal is the first thing in knowledge... Proverbs 1:7 (Moffat)

The Universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the potential ultimate of all things.

Reverence for life is fundamental to understanding the meaning and purpose of living. Our consciousness of God is the well-spring through which we express the Eternal.

Though we are told the “Universal Mind contains all knowledge.... the potential ultimate of all things, “we still can receive only as much of this wisdom and knowledge as we are receptive to, and we keep only that which we can embody and make our own.

Unless we can recognize our relationship with the Eternal, we will not be able to understand and utilize our Divine nature to its fullest. To know God is to properly venerate His Life in us; to have both a profound honor for, and love of, all He creates.

We turn now to this Creator, our heavenly Father, and claim all that our Sonship implies – an inheritance of limitless Good.

AFFIRMATION

I am one with the Eternal. I love God, my Creator, my Source of knowledge, wisdom, and their limitlessness. Divine Intelligence in me helps me possess a greater realisation of God’s Life in me. In calm trust I meet every situation.

All the good I do prospers. I bring to all my activities a vital freshness of approach which opens every door to God’s bounty.

My consciousness of God flows into every experience. I revere His Life in me and in my fellowman. At peace with my God, and with myself, my world unfolds its every benefit. And so it is!